When you’re enjoying your retirement, part of that may be getting the dream car you’ve always wanted. During this time of your life that’s all focused on you, there’s definitely space for you to have fun in the fast lane. Gone are the days of minivans and mid-size sedans – now’s the time to get a car that’s fun to drive.
But which sports car is right for you? There are so many factors to consider – does the vehicle’s fuel economy mean a lot to you, or are you more concerned with the vehicle’s sleek appearance? Do you want a car with rear seats, or is a small two-seater all you need? Are those seats comfortable, and do they offer back support? Do you want all the modern safety features like lane-keeping assist, driver assistance, and automatic emergency braking?
With so many options at hand, it can be difficult to find the car that speaks to you. We’ve narrowed down the best sports cars for seniors to give you a strong starting point in getting the car you’ve always wanted.
Classic Sports Cars for Seniors
Sports cars exude luxury and character. The sleek design, focus on speed, and smooth ride will make you want to go for a drive every day. Here are some of the best classic sports cars for senior drivers.
- Mercedes-Benz AMG SL Roadster. When you’re driving, you’ll be able to feel this vehicle’s horsepower – this engine is designed for driving performance. Mercedes-Benz has a long racing history, so any car enthusiast will be excited to drive a Roadster. Remember to put down the soft top and enjoy the convertible. There are different selections of this car – with the base model starting as the 2022 AMG SL 55 Roadster.
- Mercedes-Benz Cabriolet. Whether it’s the C-Class Cabriolet or the E-Class Cabriolet, these convertibles seat four people, making them the perfect car to take for a Sunday drive. These cars have all-wheel drive, so you can enjoy each season without worrying about how your car will fare in different types of weather.
- Chevrolet Corvette Stingray. The classic Corvette introduces speed, precision, and a luxurious driving experience. The newest models of the Stingray are the most powerful performance-wise. This car also has features that allow you to personalize the driving performance.
- Porsche 718. In the Porsche category, there are at least two models you should take a look at: the 718 Cayman and the 718 Boxster. When you think “sports car,” these should be at least on the test-drive list. The Cayman has a covered roof, while the Boxster is the classic convertible. Both cars have a 2.0 liter turbo flat engine with direct fuel injection and boast an acceleration of 0-60 mph in 4.7 seconds. If you want to feel a car with power, this is the car for you.
Many of these cars have a variety of customization options when it comes to design, so you can truly make your car your own. As you learn more about these cars, you may want to consider the range of car options when it comes to the base model and most expensive.
Let’s take a look at some other car options if the classic sports car wasn’t quite what you had in mind.
Budget Sports Cars for Seniors
When you’re examining the top-of-the-line vehicles, you may experience some sticker shock. While it’s no surprise that classic sports cars can be expensive, the reality of spending that much on a car and paying for car maintenance may not be practical for you.
Luckily, there are plenty of budget sports cars that incorporate luxurious design and vehicle performance but still fit in your budget so you’re comfortable with the price. Older drivers seeking budget-friendly sports cars should take a look at the following vehicles.
- Mazda MX-5 Miata. If you’re looking for a car that looks and feels like a classic sports car, the Miata is for you. Mazda incorporates the driver’s experience in its design, making the vehicle user-friendly and intuitive.
- 2023 Subaru BRZ. The Subaru 2023 BRZ combines the benefits of having a sports car – rear-wheel drive, 228 horsepower – with the spacious characteristics of other Subaru models. If you’re thinking about having storage space in your car, you can fold the back seat for extra room.
- Toyota GR 86. This two-seater sports car has all the physical characteristics of a high-end sports car without the price tag. The Toyota GR 68 also has helpful safety features like rear parking sonar and reverse automatic braking.
- Chevrolet Camaro. Available as a coupe or convertible, the Chevy Camaro has a high-powered engine and an affordable base model. As a sports car and a muscle car, the Chevy Camaro has a strong presence on the road.
With these cars as a starting point for your budget sports car, you’ll have plenty of options to start your search. Before you know it, you could be driving off the lot with the sports car you’ve always wanted.
Drive Into Your Dream Community at Freedom Village
Freedom Village is an Active Life Plan Community in Lake Forest, California. In our community, your freedom to live the life you want comes first.
Our Independent Living community is thriving with activity and fun things to do. Residents enjoy amenities that include:
- Planned social and recreational programs
- Wellness classes
- Swimming classes
- Monthly music concerts
- Weekly cultural outings
You can safely store your sports car in the reserved covered carports so you can participate in everything that interests you. When you call Freedom Village your home, you’ll be a part of a vibrant, friendly community that will support you in every way.
We want to welcome you to our senior living community. Call us today at 949-423-6653 to schedule your tour and learn more about retiring to a life you love at Freedom Village.