What is an Active Life Plan Community?
Enjoy peace of mind with a plan for the future
Guarantee of Services and Care for Life
A Life Plan Community such as Freedom Village includes independent living apartments, assisted living, skilled nursing and rehabilitation all on one campus.
Our Health Services associates are very experienced and skilled advocates who coordinate your care and help ensure you have the services you deserve to maximize your independence. If you suddenly need to go to the hospital, we will visit you in the hospital, follow up with your doctor and discharge planner, and coordinate the care and services you need when you return home.
Throughout the process, we communicate closely with you and your family. When you return home to Freedom Village, you have many care options to assist in your recovery such as:
• Skilled Nursing with 24-hour nursing care
• Assisted Living with 24-hour assistance and skilled nursing onsite
• Caregiver Services provided in your apartment by our trained, screened and supervised caregiver staff
Benefits of Life Plan Communities
You receive three main benefits in exchange for an entrance deposit:
• Guarantee of Services and Care for Life. We all are at risk of outliving our savings or having an expensive illness that drains our savings. Should you run out of money through no fault of your own, you will not have to move out.
• Healthcare savings: 10 free days of short-term skilled nursing care and 25% reduction for assisted living, extended care and long-term skilled nursing rates
• Affordable monthly fees
Because Life Plan Communities have an entrance deposit, monthly fees are often much less at life Plan Communities than at rental communities.
What is an entrance deposit?
Life Plan Communities have a one-time investment called an entrance deposit. Many people use a portion of the proceeds from the sale of their home to pay for the entrance deposit.
• Tax advantages: Deduct portions of your entrance deposit and monthly fee on your federal income taxes. Current IRS rules consider portions of these fees to be prepayments for medical expenses. Consult with your tax advisor to learn more.
• 90-day satisfaction guarantee: The entrance deposit is 100% refundable to you or your estate during the first 90 days.
• Returnable options: Choose from 3 different returnable options for a portion of the entrance deposit to return to you or your estate. Tailor to suit your asset position and estate goals.